How To Annotate PDF Online?
Easy-to-use PDF software
What are the advantages (if any) of reading and annotating PDFs on a tablet over using a PDF viewer on a desktop or laptop?
I’ll answer it in terms of what you can do, which really depends on the OS involved. Windows devices, Mac devices, Linux devices, and Chromebooks can all be laptops, which really is just a form factor. However I’m guessing you mean laptops using Windows in your question. On the lower end of the cost spectrum, Windows laptops do not offer any advantages over Chromebooks. Windows laptops generally offer more local storage than Chromebooks, although that is changing with newer Chromebooks offering 64GB and up. Beware cheap Windows laptops with just 32GB storage as t may not have enough free space to process updates. Many Windows laptops offer 500GB or more local storage, although that may be slow HDD’s instead of solid state storage. As you approach and exceed $1000, Windows laptops will sometimes offer discrete graphics cards, which allow better performance in games. No Chromebook offers such graphics capability. High level video editing also requires that graphics capability, so certain Windows laptops will perform better here than any Chromebook. Casual photo editing or video editing can be accomplished on a Chromebook though. Certain software compatibility issues arise when using a Chromebook in an enterprise that has developed specialized software. Such software is primarily developed using Windows, so a Windows laptop can be used here and a Chromebook could not. In the US, Chromebook pricing is such that a Chromebook with specs that match a Windows laptop will be less costly. As Mr. Goggins said, different tools for different jobs.
PDF documents can be cumbersome to edit, especially when you need to change the text or sign a form. However, working with PDFs is made beyond-easy and highly productive with the right tool.
How to Annotate PDF with minimal effort on your side:
- Add the document you want to edit — choose any convenient way to do so.
- Type, replace, or delete text anywhere in your PDF.
- Improve your text’s clarity by annotating it: add sticky notes, comments, or text blogs; black out or highlight the text.
- Add fillable fields (name, date, signature, formulas, etc.) to collect information or signatures from the receiving parties quickly.
- Assign each field to a specific recipient and set the filling order as you Annotate PDF.
- Prevent third parties from claiming credit for your document by adding a watermark.
- Password-protect your PDF with sensitive information.
- Notarize documents online or submit your reports.
- Save the completed document in any format you need.
The solution offers a vast space for experiments. Give it a try now and see for yourself. Annotate PDF with ease and take advantage of the whole suite of editing features.
Annotate PDF: All You Need to Know
Let me know if you have any questions for me! Thanks! Mike I also recommend this excellent tutorial by WindowsUserTips on what to use when you want to create a slideshow of your PDF files.